Goals of Stepping Stones of Hope programs include:
- Teach about four dimensions of grief: physical, spiritual, mental and emotional.
- Help participants build self-esteem.
- Reduce feelings of guilt and anxiety about showing feelings of grief.
- Teach skills to help diminish profound sense of isolation and loneliness.
- Introduce healthy coping skills and appropriate ways to cope with anger.
- Increase participant's understanding about causes of death.
- Eliminate fears that loved ones will be forgotten.
- Help participants understand that everyone's grief is unique.
- Increase friendships with peers who share a common experience.
- Introduce Worden's Four Tasks of Grief for adults, and Goldman's Four Psychological Tasks for children.
...So that children becomes healthy, well-adjusted adults; and the adults in a child's life learn skills to navigate their own grief journey as well as build and instill open dialogue and family cohesion.